What Is Cocoa Butter Cream?
Cocoa butter cream sometimes referred to as shea butter cream, is a skin product that is made from a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter and other natural oils. Cocoa butter cream helps to lock in moisture and form a protective barrier on the skin's surface, which can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other fine lines. It can also help to improve overall skin tone and radiance while providing deep hydration.
Pros and Cons of Using Cocoa Butter Cream on Your Face - and the Better Alternative!
There are a few pros and cons associated with using cocoa buttercream on your face. On the plus side, cocoa butter cream can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, reduce inflammation, and improve overall skin tone.
- It's a very moisturizing and calming for extremely dry skin.
- smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
- intense hydration and even skin tone.
- Reduce the look of cellulite. Especially if you are pregnant.
- It comes with a very chocolate heavenly smell to it or it also comes with unscented.
- commonly found
- will clog pores.
- acne provoke. If you have combination skin, and have adult acne this may not be a good fit.
- aggravate existing breakouts and even cause new ones to form. For prolonged facial use, it can result in a dull appearance over time.
- some people with tree nut allergy may allergic to this. But it is rare.
The Better ALTERNATIVE:
(photo from brambleberry.com)
Kokum butter is a type of plant-based butter that comes from the seeds of the kokum tree. It comes from India. Often used for skincare, and hair care products. It is not considered a tree nut. It is slightly lighter weight and It comes with all the benefits of Cocao butter and the best yet, it is non-comedogenic which means it will not clog pores.
Therefore all our products are made with kokum butters, but not cocoa butter.